This part-time position within the Community Development Department is responsible for performing regular and random commercial and residential inspections to ensure compliance with various Town codes (Municipal Code, Zoning Code & Building Code).
Examples of Duties:
- Investigate tall weeds and grass complaints.
- Low risk building construction inspections.
- Zoning inspections to verify compliance with the standards of the Unified Development Ordinance and various Planned Unit Development Ordinances.
- Policing of the Town’s rights-of-way and collecting various signs that have been placed illegally.
- Track and manage complaints and inspection records.
- Write and distribute violation notices.
- Receive and investigate citizen complaints related to code violations.
High Scool diploma or GED; Valid Indiana driver's license; Ability to work outside in varying weather conditions and terrains; Ability to read and understand various codes, and ordinances with a general knowledge of Town government; Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software; Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people both verbally and in writing in sometimes difficult and highly stressfull situations.
Position is expected to work approximately 25-29 hours per week. Flexible scheduling available.
Town of Fishers, IN - 13 months ago