The physician provides clinical services and medical oversight for the care of inmates at the site(s) at which assigned. The physician is supervised by the Associate Medical Director or Medical Director. The physician works with CHC Administration to ensure that over-all patient care provided consistently meets the expectations of Correctional Healthcare Companies and jail administration.
Work is performed inside a correctional facility. CHC expects employees to work in accordance with all security rules and regulations to minimize the risk of danger and/or harm to themselves or other employees. CHC provides excellent compensation and benefits packages (malpractice coverage, 401K, etc.) to eligible employees.
Minimum Educational/Experience Requirements:
- Must have and maintain a current, unrestricted license as a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy in the state of practice.
- Current DEA controlled substances license/registration.
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical School program approved by the legally-designated state accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
- Current CPR certification.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation by the company
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test.
- Must comply with all requirements of the company substance abuse policy.
- May be required to pass a consumer credit check.
- Must obtain and maintain security clearance with the client as a requisite for initial and/or continued employment.
Physical/Mental Requirements: Must be able to perform the essential elements of the position with or without accommodation. This position routinely requires (but is not limited to) the following:
- Frequent walking throughout site; to include walking up and down flights of stairs.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.