Kimball Midwest, a national distributor of maintenance, repair and operation products, is searching for a Part Time Customer Service Agent in our Information Technology Department for our Columbus, OH location. We are looking for a driven, hardworking, motivated, customer-focused individual. This is not a technical helpdesk support position; however, having basic computer experience will be required.
Our I.T. Customer Service Agent will be responsible for supporting and training our expanding external sales force and our internal staff. This position requires someone who can be understanding and compassionate as well as explain basic issue resolution by researching established responses along with capturing and documenting the details pertaining to each call to better facilitate future responses.
The chosen candidate will take ownership of all reported concerns – from providing additional training, working with other Information Technologies employees. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, receiving and documenting each call, making follow-up calls, researching potential solutions, and working with other team members to address any reported issues.
- 1+ year customer service experience. Preferably telephone-based support to internal and external customers.
- Experience teaching others how to use software such as Microsoft Office, Outlook, web-based and mobile device software.
- 1+ year experience with Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- High level of attention to detail and has the ability to document reported issues and intelligently communicate reported issues to the correct team members for resolution and also resolution details.
- Resolve simple support issues with pre-documented steps to resolution.
- Provide management with information regarding support activities.
- Interact with people on all levels: in person, via email, and by the phone or voicemail.
- Comfortable with making follow-up calls and performing quality surveys.
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills.
- Ability to speak on the phone for extended periods of time.
- Ability to handle contiguous phone calls.
- Adheres punctually to documented schedules.
- Familiar with voicemail and conference calling and webinars.
- Strong analytic and multitasking skills with the ability to perform basic troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows and Windows-based applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-organizationally and work well in a small team, fast-paced environment.
- Is a highly motivated, well-organized, self-starter desiring an opportunity to grow both technically and professionally.
- A “can-do” attitude. Is flexible to work outside of normal business hours.
This is a Part Time position with scheduled hours Monday - Friday 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. This schedule is not flexible and you must be able to work these hours for this position.
All interested and qualified candidates should apply online.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Kimball Midwest has been committed to excellence since 1923 serving our customers with quality products and services. Today, we are a major...