Los Angeles based online media company, Internet Brands, Inc. is currently looking for a Part-Time Customer Service Representative to work with vBulletin, the world’s leading community software brand.
Internet Brands is an exciting, fast-paced company that has remained at the cutting edge e-business for over 12 years and running. We are a hub for well over 200 of the web’s most well-respected commerce sites and communities. Working with any of our popular websites allows you to really get your feet wet building critical business skills in a casual and fun environment. We also pride ourselves on our “flat” management structure, where you’ll learn and train under high performing managers and leading executives.
Within Internet Brands, vBulletin is its own special jewel. For starters, vBulletin is the software platform that powers the vast majority of our websites across all marketing vertical. Additionally, vBulletin has been the global leader in community software for well over a decade. We are a close-knit, hardworking team of technical and business professionals from all over the world; and now we are looking to expand our team by adding one special person to our special team. Could that be you?
Here's what you'll be doing:
If you're going to be successful in this role, here are some of our MUST HAVE’S:
- Answering sales and marketing questions from prospective customers.
- Assisting our new customers with becoming acquainted with their new community software.
- Connecting our existing customers with the right technical professional to aid them in customizing their community experience.
- Updating customer data, as well as corresponding with customers via email.
- Occasionally writing and creating content for various forum communities.
- Helping to minimize fraudulent activity and false information.
- Various other administrative, sales and marketing duties as assigned.
Here are some things that, while not necessary, will add strength to your candidacy. Please let us know if you have any of these going for you:
- Be punctual and consistent; plain and simple.
- Be a great communicator! We are looking for someone who is skilled and competent both verbally and in writing.
- Have a positive demeanor and professional phone etiquette. If chosen, you will be upholding vBulletin’s long tradition of world-class customer service!
- Be nice! You’ll be in good company.
- Have a strong ability to work alone on assignments given and bring them to completion with minimal mistakes and no excuses.
Here is a short list of some of the benefits:
- ANY previous experience using or moderating vBulletin community software.
- Experience and/or interest in web communities and/or forums in general.
- Previous experience working in a call center environment or inside sales experience of any kind.
- Have experience or at least an interest in software, the internet, mobile devices (e.g. iPhones, iPads, Androids et al),
- Have solid experience navigating and/or using major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google Plus)
- Be great with numbers and/or computers. Our culture is analytical and data-driven.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to advance their career within an exciting, yet stable internet company.
- You get hands on training!
- We're a dot com. You can wear shorts, t-shirts, and sandals if you like. Most of us do, and it doesn't get much better than that!
- You get to work for a cool company, on a great team!
- We work hard and we play hard. Team outings, birthday recognition, occasional company-sponsored snacks and treats and an annual ping pong tourney are all a part of our distinctive culture.
- We appreciate and honor the individual. At Internet Brands, we are genuinely interested in the special people who we work with. Got a great idea? We’d love to hear it! Are you confidently quirky? Share your unique perspective and experiences with us; they make us better and well rounded.
We look forward to speaking to you.
To apply, please visit:
In addition, please note that this is a part-time role, working around 35 hours per week.
Don't believe how rad we are? Well you probably also didn't believe people still use the word "rad" but we just did, so now check us out at www.internetbrands.com or www.vbulletin.com and believe the hype!