Title: Part-Time C ustomer Support Specialist (Chinese/Mandarin) Intern
Department: Customer Response Team
Location: Pittsburgh , PA
Reports To: Customer Support Team Leader
Position Type/Shift: Part-Time, Sunday - Thursday ( 8:00 PM-12:00 AM EST)
Job Description Overview
Ariba is the recognized leader in spend management because it is our exclusive focus. With global operations in 21 countries, we incorporate over 400 full-time sourcing experts and 700 spend management experts into one of the largest sourcing organizations in the world. Our experience managing spend for a variety of organizations has enabled us to resolve our clients' typical obstacles to success, particularly lack of resources or difficulty obtaining executive buy-in. As a result, we enrich over $60 billion in spend annually and help companies achieve measurable, sustainable benefits, quarter after quarter.
The Customer Support Tier 1 Specialist's primary function will be to effectively support Ariba applications for both internal and external customers. Support includes site navigation and system troubleshooting as well as interfacing with other Ariba teams to ensure world-class service. Specialists will provide complete satisfaction for all customer interactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides inbound application and functional support for all relevant Ariba applications, both internally and externally, by way of email, webform and phone.
• Resolves 80% of issues without escalation.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner and within service level objectives.
• Successfully documents all requests through the CRM system while adhering to all documented procedures.
• Provides general assistance to other teams within Global Customer Support and Ariba.
• Conducts all customer interactions in a manner that presents Ariba in a positive light. Specialists are required to be respectful, fair, gracious and knowledgeable and to uphold the core values established by Ariba.
• Ensures that individual performance meets or exceeds the department standards.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Technical aptitude. Knowledge in computer hardware and software applications along with experience using the Internet.
• Minimum of 1 year work experience preferred.
• Customer focus and stress tolerance.
• Superior communication and telephone skills.
• Friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to adapt support style to align with the technical capabilities of the customer.
• Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
• Fluency in at least one foreign language is highly desirable.
• Experience or education in working with individuals from diverse cultures preferred.
Basic Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or 2-year Technical school degree preferred.
• Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin).
Ariba, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category