Reports To: Director of Clinical Services
Job Status: Part-time; Hourly
To provide on-site primary dental care to HIV/AIDS clients of the agency in adherence to the Mission Statement.
- Provide professional dental care. Dentist will have 20 hours per week of scheduled direct patient care.
· Provide professional dental services on behalf of Desert AIDS Project D.A.P. on a part time basis. Adhere to the standards of dental practice in the community and all federal, state and local governmental statutes, rules and regulations and agency policies and procedures.
- Dentist will see an average of 10-12 patients per 8 hour period. It is understood that major reconstructive work will reduce daily load.
· All patient files and medical records created, compiled, supplemented or modified by Dentist during his/her employment belong to D.A.P.
- Record all examinations, treatment plans, procedures and other dental services performed for patients by Dentist in EAGLESOFT EMR. The electronic dental record shall contain sufficient information to identify the patient, support the diagnosis, justify the treatment, document the course and results, facilitate appropriate charges and facilitate continuity of care among health care providers. All reports prepared by Dentist shall be accurate, up to date, complete, and in good order and organization.
- Counsels patients regarding problems and course of treatment.
- Prepares and adheres to a coordinated Care Treatment Plan working with the medical care team as an integrated component to maintain and continue effective overall patient care.
- Prior to resignation or termination of employment, Dentist shall properly complete all medical records and reports for patients to whom he has rendered care.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES
- Valid license to practice dentistry issued by the California Board of Dental Examiners;
- Knowledge of: The principles and practices of modern dentistry and its application, techniques, procedures, and equipment.
- Experience working with a non-profit clinic preferred.
- Become proficient in the utilization of the EAGLESOFT electronic medical record system as it applies to this position.
Desert AIDS Project - 5 months ago