The Foundation Sales Representative will sell 50/50 Drawing of Chance tickets throughout the Amway Center during Magic home games. 50 /50 raffle fundraising simply involves the sale of raffle tickets with the proceeds being split evenly between the winner and the Orlando Magic Youth Foundation (OMYF). The Orlando Magic Youth Foundation is dedicated to nourishing the minds and bodies of children that need it most. OMYF raises community dollars annually through donations, auctions and events such as the Black Tie and Tennies Gala and the OMYF Open Golf Tournament. The 50/50 Drawing occurs at each home game from the time doors open until the end of the third quarter. Fans purchase tickets from sales reps and at the end of the 3rd quarter, one winning ticket is drawn. Sales Reps’ will be responsible for collecting large amounts of cash and reconciling to the report of sold tickets at the end of each shift.
• Reports To: Philanthropy (OMYF) Coordinator
• Indirectly Reports To: Philanthropy (OMYF) Manager
• Hiring Authority: No
• Game night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of games worked per season: 21-40
• Event night responsibilities: Yes
• Approximate number of events worked per season: 21-40
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Approach fans in seat and/or on concourse.
• Sell 50/50 raffle tickets during home games using hand-held devices or at stations.
• Raise awareness of OMYF and how the dollars raised will be used.
• Display excellent customer service, ability to sell and connect with people.
• Reconcile cash collected during the game with the report of tickets sold.
• Makes minor decisions and the use of some judgement.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of one year of selling experience strongly preferred.
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and strong communication skills required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
• Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on business writing skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and support multiple high level executive positions.
• Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
• Ability to take direction without follow up.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others whom you have no direct authority over.
• Strong teamwork and team synergy skills required.
• Excellent ability to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
• Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
• Availability and willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule based on the changing priorities of the department.
• Standing / walking for a maximum of 4 hours.
NBA - 16 months ago