Prairie State College seeks an experienced part-time hourly instructor to teach medical terminology in the evenings. Successful candidates will have a desire to engage a diverse student population in basic concepts of medical terminology.
Corporate and Continuing Professional Education
1. Instruct students in learning the Latin and Greek roots of medical terms, along with definitions and proper use of medical terms.
2. Knowledge of word structure and how to divide medical terms into component parts.
3. Apply medical terms to body systems and diseases.
4. Plan for instructional activities including lecture and class discussions.
5. Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable manner covering all objectives outlined in the course syllabus.
6. Use appropriate assessment tools to ensure learning.
7. Submit and maintain accurate records of grades and attendance.
8. Effectively communication with students to help them achieve their educational goals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Job experience of 5 years.
2. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
3. Experience using technology in the classroom.
1. Associates Degree
2. Experience teaching, especially at the community college level.
3. Experience working with culturally and intellectually diverse group.
4. Ability to create diverse teaching methods.
Anticipated Work Hours and Days
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applications must be submitted electronically through the Prairie State College website.
Prairie State College - 30+ days ago