Together, M&T Bank and Wilmington Trust, a part of M&T Bank Corporation, represent one of the country's leading depository and lending franchises, a premier wealth advisory firm, and the partner of choice for corporate transactions and structures. As one of the strongest, most successful companies in the U.S. financial services industry, M&T continues to grow, offering value to our shareholders and opportunity to qualified professionals. Join our team of over 15,000 professionals and you'll understand what drives our longstanding success: a promise of exceptional client service, a commitment to our communities, a focus on building long-term relationships, and a dedication to being the best employer you'll ever have.
Part-Time Mail Clerk - Buffalo, NY
Hours: 7:00 AM - 11:30 AM Monday-Friday
This position is responsible for receiving and posting outgoing mail and parcels from various sources into the appropriate office, department or building bins. Responsibilities also include making deliveries within the assigned building; communicating openly with Team Leader or Lead Clerk on pertinent issues.
Responsible for receiving, sorting, processing, delivering incoming and outgoing mail items as it relates to offices, departments, buildings, and regions. The Mail Centers are responsible for the handling and accountability of incoming and outgoing 1st class, registered, certified, and interoffice mail as well as deliveries, supply shipments and overnight packages. It is the responsibility of this position to ensure mail is sorted, delivered, and/or posted in a timely fashion according to established departmental procedures.
- Receives incoming US mail, overnight packages, deliveries, supplies, branch bags, which may weigh up to 70 lbs.
- Sorts to appropriate office/department.
- Records incoming and outgoing mail per established Mail Center procedures(accountable mail, parcels, etc.).
- Prepares outgoing routes/line hauls in advance of established departure time.
- Notifies Lead Clerk if driver is late for pickup.
- Makes deliveries within assigned building(s) per established schedules.
- Assists with tracking of items on a routine or special request basis.
- Follows established procedures for the project as assigned by Lead Clerk.
- Participates in cross training of all duties within the Mail Center.
- Advises Group Leader / Supervisor of department needs or areas for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent in work experience
- Minimum of one year general work experience
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good written and oral communication skills
M&T is among the top 20 U.S.-based commercial bank holding companies with more than $79 billion in assets and more than 780 branches in New York, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Delaware, New Jersey, West Virginia, Florida and Washington D.C. With more than 150 years of experience, M&T Bank is committed to be the best company our employees ever work for, the best bank customers ever do business with and the best investment our shareholders ever make.
- Knowledge of postage equipment
Apply today at
New York-Buffalo-M&T Center
Feb 15, 2013, 4:19:04 PM
M & T Bank - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
M&T Bank is considered one of the country's most highly regarded regional banks. We were founded more than 150 years ago in Western New...