Butler Snow, a Firm committed to excellence in client service, is looking for enthusiastic, committed professionals to join our firm. Presently, we are recruiting for a Part-Time Medical Transcriptionist/ Support Services Technician in our Nashville, TN office. This is an in-house position working approximately 20-30 hours per week.
*There is some flexibility on the schedule, but once set, reliability/dependability is key. Parking will be covered, but benefits will not be offered for this position.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Prepares documents by using transcription equipment; applies knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology; employing listening skills to decipher various accents, dialects, and dictation styles.
- Corrects spelling and medical terminology errors by using dictionary and medical reference books.
- Edits documents by recognizing, interpreting, and evaluating repetitions, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in dictation; editing, revising, and clarifying without altering meaning and style.
- Files electronically with the courts
- Scans and organizes document
- Manages documents within an electronic document management system
- Assists with matter openings
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, required
- Minimum 1 to 3 years transcription experience required.
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills, required
- Must type 70wpm or more. Will be transcribing from digital equipment provided by the firm.
- Excellent computer and technical skills, required
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite, required, specifically experience working with charts and tables
- Knowledge of law, legal procedures, and legal terminology a plus
- Data Entry Skills, Dictation, Listening, Written Communication, Administrative Writing Skills, Documentation Skills, Reporting Skills, Word Processing, Internal Communications, Communication Processes, Supply Management
Butler Snow - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard