Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Long term opportunity for an in-house part-time Transcriptionist. 20 hours per week. Some flexibility on the schedule, but once set, reliability/dependability is key.
- Must type 70wpm or more. Will be transcribing from digital equipment provided by the firm.
- Prepares documents by using transcription equipment; applying knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology; employing listening skills to decipher various accents, dialects , and dictation styles.
- Corrects spelling and medical terminology errors by using dictionary and medical reference books.
- Edits documents by recognizing, interpreting, and evaluating repetitions, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in dictation; editing, revising, and clarifying without altering meaning and style.
- This is an in-house position; the successful candidate will not be able to work from home .
- Parking will be covered , but benefits will not be offered for this position.
- Data Entry Skills, Dictation, Listening, Written Communication, Administrative Writing Skills, Documentation Skills, Reporting Skills, Word Processing, Internal Communications, Communication Processes, Supply Management
- Minimum 1 to 3 years transcription experience required. Medical transcription experience is preferred , legal transcription experience a plus .