Richard Bland College of the College of William & Mary is currently seeking two-three qualified Part-Time Reference Librarians , who will together be responsible for overseeing all of circulation, Interlibrary Loan, bibliographic instruction, and reference services. The RBC Library is open Monday-Thursday, 8:00-10:00; Friday, 8:00-5:00; and Sunday, 4:00-10:00. A willingness to work nights and weekends is preferred, but not required. Duties will include:
- Oversee circulation and reserves in terms of policies, scheduling, daily operation, and staffing.
- Process overdue notices, invoices, academic holds, and Debt Set-Off claims.
- Supervise the information commons of the library, monitoring student behavior.
- Supervise, assign duties, and evaluate student library assistants.
- Provide in-person, email, and telephone reference assistance to students, faculty, staff, and community patrons.
- Develop instructional guides illustrating research tips and catalog/database usage.
- Teach library instruction classes.
- Process all Interlibrary Loan requests, notifying patrons when their items have arrived.
- Participate in the collection development process by recommending the purchase of certain items based on demonstrated need.
- Collect statistical data on all public services functions, including circulation, reserves, reference, and instruction.
- Open and close the library as needed.
- As always happens in libraries, other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Master's in Library Science from an ALA-accredited college or university
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Cooperative spirit who enjoys working in a fast-paced small library
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the top-rated candidates will have the following:
- Previous academic library experience, especially in circulation or library instruction.
- Experience with Sirsi-Dynix Symphony.
It is the practice of Richard Bland College to conduct in-depth background checks on all candidates identified as a finalist for employment consideration at the College. The type of background checks performed are dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist and may include: reference checks, criminal history including sexual offender registry checks, degree validation, DMV (driving) Record checks, license verification, credit report reviews, etc. The results of background checks are made available to the College employing officials. You will be requested to sign a reference release form, so your past schools and/or employers may be contacted concerning your academic or employment history.
Virginia Jobs - 19 months ago