Deli Express is a family-owned company based in Minneapolis where we make and distribute sandwiches and other food products, mainly to convenience stores. We are looking for a Route Sales Representative in The Rio Grande Valley TX area who is eager to develop a career with Deli Express.
The Route Sales Representative sells, orders (using handheld computers), delivers, merchandises and promotes Deli Express products. Grows sales by developing relationships and servicing customers on a designated route. Safely operates a company route truck.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Services assigned accounts on a heavy route by ordering, delivering, date coding and merchandising products on a route that covers The Rio Grande Valley, Harlingen and San Benito areas.
- 20-25 hours per week starting at 5:00 a.m. 2 days per week.
- Manages the displays to keep the customers in stock and minimize out of date product.
- Markets new products and services to increase sales and shelf space within existing accounts.
- Utilizes appropriate point-of-sale materials to build and update displays.
- Identifies and solicits prospective new customers.
- Works safely at all times.
- Drives company route truck safely and uses equipment properly to load and/or unload the truck.
- Uses a handheld computer to record sales and manage inventory.
- Correctly completes DOT logs and other required documentation daily.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Previous route sales experience is preferred and given first preference.
- Solid work history in convenience stores, sales, merchandising or delivery may also be considered.
- Excellent customer service and account management skills.
- Ability to professionally communicate with external and internal customers.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state you reside in and be at least 18 years of age to operate company route truck.
- Must be able to pass DOT physical, drug screen, motor vehicle record and background check.
- Flexibility of hours may be required to ensure route coverage.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 9-12 hours per day
- Must be able to repetitively lift/carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 80 pounds, possibly with assistance
- Must be able to push/pull up to 300 pounds
- Able to bend, turn, twist, reach, pull and push
- Must be able to safely operate company route truck
- Must be able to work in a widely varying temperature environment
- Must be able to communicate with customers and Deli Express personnel
- Must be able to work well with various levels of customers and diverse cultures
Please apply online at www.deliexpress.com . Click on “Careers” and “Jobs Opportunities.” Apply and search for requisition number 537 . Click Route Sales Representative and Apply Now . Register to create a user account and complete the entire online application.
- Daily Pay Rate of $120-150/day
- Minimum guarantee salary of $1,450 bi-weekly
- Company Cell phone & Uniforms
In order to maintain a fair and consistent staffing process, all applications must be submitted through our company website careers section. No mailed, emailed or faxed resumes or applications will be considered. Applicants will be considered on a first come, first serve basis. Please apply promptly to ensure consideration. No phone calls please.
Monster - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard