We are looking for a Part Time Scale House Attendant /Customer Service Representative to work at our Wichita Transfer Station.
- Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the landfill
- Answers phone in a professional and enthusiastic fashion.
- Performs full clerical and general office duties.
- Track weight information from scale to computer system and get appropriate signatures.
- Calculating payments for customers
- Ensuring that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material
- Assisting with office duties, filing and paperwork as needed
- Weigh trucks in and out
- Ensuring that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Providing general upkeep of the Scale House
- Approaching all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Prior cash handling experience required.
- Scheduled to work: Saturday: 6AM-4PM & Sunday: 8AM-2PM (16 hours a week)
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...