Job Summary/Basic Function:
Responsible for front line customer service in a financial aid office.
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Answer phones; resolve basic questions, take messages, and direct calls.
- Determine when students and others need to see Financial Aid Specialists or Directors.
- Assist with financial aid applications.
- Receive and review incoming paperwork for completeness.
- File, copy, and scan documents.
- Prepare mail-outs when needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. Scheduled hours are not to exceed 19.5 hours a week. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent ( GED ) and successful completion of thirty (30) college credit courses.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a high stress environment.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Microsoft Office.
- Basic knowledge of federal financial aid or experience working in a college Financial Aid office.
- Associate degree strongly preferred.
- Bilingual candidates who can read, write, and speak both English and Spanish preferred.
- Prior experience working in PeopleSoft a plus.
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume and cover letter .
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
Lee College - 10 months ago