Posting Number 20110184
Job Title Part-Time Security Administrative Assistant
Job Category Staff
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College, a two-year college located approximately 30 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 30 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore is seeking a part-time Security Administrative Assistant who is dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced.
Position Summary: The Security Administrative Assistant will report to the Chief of Staff & Director of Campus Security and is expected to work up to 28 hours a week. This position is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Is responsible for the overall clerical duties that take place in their department, including but not limited to, answering phone inquiries, greeting campus community and visitors, and data entry.
• Have the ability to communicate consistent and timely information with tact and diplomacy.
• Will greet campus community members and visitors by phone and walk-in inquirers. Will answer or guide them to the proper area of the College if needed.
• Will serve as initial contact with faculty and students wishing to see Department members.
• Have the ability to do research and prepare reports. Will also assist other departments with project on an as needed basis.
• Prepare letters, memo, reports and other correspondence for internal and external communication.
• Will coordinate all department mailings, file documents, and create any necessary files for the department.
• Minimum of Associate degree.
• Any combination or equivalent of degree requirement, and or three years of related clerical experience involving frequent public contact.
Bachelors degree preferred.
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
• Oral and written communication skills.
• College organization, operations, policies and objectives.
• Applicable sections of state and federal laws and codes.
• Technical aspects in field of specialty.
• Accurate keyboard skills
• Word processing software — Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills that include the ability to understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Be able to complete duties, schedules and deadlines in a timely fashion by planning and organizing work.
• Ability to multi-task and perform duties with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, demanding environment with constant interruptions.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Special Instructions to Applicants
CommunityCollegeJobs.com - 9 months ago