Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, Gordon Food Service could be the place for you; for more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We’re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people’s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Gordon Food Service is the largest family-owned foodservice distributor in North America. From Michigan to Florida and British Columbia to Nova Scotia we are dedicated to providing our customers with the best available products and services.
Our talented warehouse team members are known for their high standards of productivity, attention to detail, and valuable team partnerships to achieve the best results. Also, as a member of our Warehouse Team you would have the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced distribution technology systems and processes.
This physically demanding role consists of sorting and arranging products onto pallets, operating standard Hi-Lo vehicles, coordinating the storage of product within the warehouse or loading our trucks for delivery.
What we offer our employees here at GFS:
- You must be 18 years of age or older (required)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to work HOLIDAYS
- Ability to continuously stand for 8-10 hours a day
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures (100 degrees to minus 10 degrees)
- Physically able to stand, walk and climb stairs for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work at a fast pace with little to no mistakes, staying caught up with the system
- Able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and must be able to select up to 60,000 pounds a shift
- Must be able to work independently or within a team environment
- Must pass a Physical Abilities test
- Must be able to deliver product to the correct ship lanes quickly and accurately using a Pallet Truck, Stand up Rider or Sit down Fork Truck
- Must pass a Physical Abilities test and Power Industrial Vehicle (PIV) test
- Successfully complete our drug screen and background check requirements
A philosophy of "what matters to you, matters to us" at work in our environment
a legacy of excellence. a future of opportunity.
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.
Gordon Food Service - 2 years ago
For more than 110 years, Gordon Food Service has been honoring our promises to our customers and our employees. As the largest family-owned...