Perform basic accounting functions which include assisting with monthly financial reporting, account reconciliations, tax work papers, and operating budgets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Prepare cash reconciliation on a daily basis to bank activity.
2. Reconcile customer payments recorded in various accounts receivable software to bank activity.
3. Prepare and complete journal entries.
4. Assist with the monthly financial close.
5. Prepare financial reports.
6. Prepare account reconciliations by researching and resolving discrepancies.
7. Assist with the preparation of tax work papers for various tax filings.
8. Assist with quarterly financial reporting and cash flow.
9. Assist with auditor requests.
10. Assist with the preparation of the five year plan and operating budget.
11. Assist with the conversion of business segments to accounts receivable software.
12. Serve as a backup resource to the Director of Accounting responsible for maintaining the financial books and records for Aqua Resources, Inc.
13. All other duties assigned.
A working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles is preferred. Must have experience with spreadsheet software and word processing. Familiarity with Lawson Financial and/or Clear Computing a plus.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of four years of accounting experience in a computerized environment. Financial statement preparation is preferred.
Aqua America, Inc. - 10 months ago
Aqua America helps keep water clean and people quenched. It is a holding company for regulated utilities that provide water distribution and...