The grounds worker should have the ability to operate a riding lawn mower, edger, trimmer skid loader, loader, hand shovel and/or broom. The grounds worker will also be involved in keeping the grounds clean and free of hazards, trash and tumbleweed abatement, and must have knowledge of tree and shrub pruning. This employee must also have some mechanical skills, be willing to learn and assist in basic servicing of equipment and have basic of knowledge of tree and flower care and some basic recognition of weeds.
Closing Date: Open until filled. Screening to begin immediately.
Start Date: As soon after screening as practical.
- On-going Grounds maintenance program.
- Clean and assist in servicing vehicles and equipment as needed; prepares vehicle and tools for work assignments daily.
- Daily maintenance and cleaning of work areas.
- Watering and pruning of trees and shrubs.
- Mowing, edging, and trimming of turf and outlying areas.
- Irrigation repair as needed.
- Planting and ongoing care of trees, shrubs and flowers.
- Small construction projects to upgrade areas around campus.
- Other tasks may be assigned based on contemporary institutional need.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- One year of experience in grounds maintenance
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.