Abilene campus is currently seeking a talented skilled Part-time Teaching Lab Assistant-Nursing. The selected candidate will teach Nursing skills to TSTC students primarily in the LVN setting. The position also teaches CNA coursework. If you are up to the challenge and enjoy helping individuals reach their goals and dreams, we encourage you to apply.
The Teaching Lab Assistant works under the direction of the Program Chair or instructor on duty and performs routine and assigned activities in the laboratory, learning center, storeroom and office, which support an instructional program. The Teaching Lab Assistant’s duties focus primarily on assisting students under the direction of an instructor; the teaching duties should not include introducing new materials to students.
- Assist the professional faculty member with teaching duties in the classroom, laboratory, computer laboratory, or shop as directed.
- Tutor students over materials already covered by the instructor, including conducting reviews for tests.
- Assist students as they conduct laboratory work.
- Grade papers, exercises, and tests by use of predetermined objective criteria.
- Process student records and maintains student files.
- Prepare the laboratory for class, secure equipment after class and set up and disassemble laboratory experiments.
- Test new lab equipment for quality and accuracy.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on laboratory equipment and other instructional aides.
- Aid the professional staff in the construction of training aids.
- Initiate requisitions for consumable supplies and equipment repairs.
- Prepare consumable materials for classroom, laboratory and shop exercises.
- Maintain an inventory of supplies and equipment and assure security of each.
- Assist in major repair or modification of laboratory or shop equipment.
- Supervise student workers as assigned.
- Monitor instructional areas for safety conditions.
- Operate motor vehicles for purpose of conducting TSTC business.
Minimum Education Requirements and Experience:
- LVN mandatory for consideration, ADN and/or higher Nursing license strongly preferred
- Candidates must have long term care experience
Hourly Salary : $23.00
Texas State Technical College - 18 months ago