TSTC Abilene Campus is currently seeking a highly skilled Part-Time Teaching Lab Assistant – Associate Degree Nursing. If you enjoy helping students reach their true potential, we encourage you to apply.
Responsibility of LVN-AND Program Lab Assistant:
- Be accountable to the controlling agency/governing institution (TSTC).
- Be accountable to the Texas Board of Nursing (BON):
- Maintain a working knowledge of the BON Rules, Regulations, and Nurse Practice Act (NPA)
- Assure compliance of rules and requirements.
- Be accountable to and assist with assigned educational responsibilities of the LVN-ADN Program.
- Work under the supervision of a Master’s or Doctoral prepared nursing faculty member.
- Assist and consult with program faculty with the supervision of students in the nursing skills lab.
- Order and maintain lab supplies and equipment.
- Schedule and oversee students’ lab times.
- Organize and clean the skills lab.
- Develop and maintain an environment conducive to the teaching/learning process utilizing clinical resources.
- Verify skill completion by following a pre-set lab procedure or skill validation document.
- Must hold a current license to practice nursing in the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum of an ADN degree.
- Clinical expertise to function effectively and safely in the skills lab.
- Ability to validation skill performance in lab.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
Hourly Wage: $25.00