The IDEA Lab has a creative imaging team that provides technical imaging support to researchers across the NAU campus, as well as photography in support of outreach efforts for the Research Division. This position has primary responsibility for routine photography and image prep assignments, maintenance of our photo archive, and supervision of interns and student photographers. There will also be occasional video editing in support of video projects.
This is a 15 hour per week, non-benefit eligible position.
Provide custom photography for publication in scientific journals, on the web, and for outreach purposes. This includes all aspects of computer imaging, use of digital cameras, preparing images for a variety of uses, and consultation with clients.
* Supervision of student photographers & maintenance of photo archive:
We employ 2-3 photography interns/student photographers for the most routine photography projects. This position would coordinate their work and provide instruction and clear expectations.
* Student photographers and others contribute photos to the IDEA Lab on-line photo archive; this is coordinated by the Photographer.
* Video editing:
During peak video production, this person may be called upon to provide routine video editing support.
* Associate's degree in photography, fine arts, or related field AND two years photography experience; OR
* Four years photography experience; OR
* Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
* Experience with InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Flash.
* Familiarity with metadata standards.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Proven experience using digital cameras for a variety of purposes.
* Experience using Photoshop to optimize digital image files for various types of output.
* Experience using Final Cut Pro or similar software to edit video.
* Experience using Adobe Bridge.
* Creativity and problem-solving skills.
* General knowledge of computer operations and software.
* Excellent customer service and communications skills.
* Familiarity with copyright regulations.
* Experience supervising the work of others.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
* Salary is $15.67/hour for approximately 15 hours per week; this position is not eligible for benefits.
Open until further notice.
Northern Arizona University - 12 months ago