The following is a list of essential job requirements. This list may be revised at any time and additional duties not listed here may be assigned as needed. Job Functions and Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- AP duties include collecting paperwork, obtaining approvals, matching invoices, receipting, coding, and cutting checks through company ’s General Ledger system (Sage/MIP).
- Basic responsibilities include data entry, copying, filing and interacting with internal customers and external vendors.
- Additional responsibilities include preparing journal entries, assisting with audit field work, reconciling and balancing general ledger accounts, and researching and correcting account discrepancies.
- Working with Human Resources to ensure proper payments are made in a timely fashion for all employee benefit programs, specifically for 403b payments governed by the Dept. of Labor.
- The Accounts Payable position requires candidates with good attention to detail.
- Additional tasks assigned as needed.
Requires some knowledge of accounting principles and practices, especially as relates to the Accounts Payable function. Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy. Especially requires work with the General Ledger system, “SAGE ” (aka M.I.P.) doing Accounts Payable and processing checks. Proficient with MS Office software applications, especially Excel.
Posting Date: November 30, 2012
- The ability to research and analyze various different types of data information.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Bideawee - 20 months ago