Part-time Evening Administrative Assistant, School of Industrial Design
Work is available 37 weeks per year - 15 weeks in the Fall semester, 15 weeks in the Spring semester, and 7 weeks in the Summer semester.
25 hours /week
This position is the hub of the School of Industrial Design Office in the evening and will provide an efficient environment in order to give each IDS student, staff and faculty a productive and rewarding experience.
The Part-time Evening Administrative Assistant, Industrial Design is the main person in the execution of the evening operational details of the IDS Office.
- Provide administrative support to the Department Directors and Administrator.
- Arrange travel for Directors and out-of-town instructors
- Process and maintain files on all forms pertaining to faculty (i.e. NASAD, ACICS, payroll, faculty recs., biographies, resumes)
- Process and schedule all incoming forms (i.e. audio / visual and field trip requests, class make-ups, guest speakers, subs, etc.)
- Keep instructors updated via email and phone calls, regarding policies, department announcements, meetings, grading process, lectures, etc.
- Coordinate and attend DAT (Department Action Meetings) meetings and act as a note taker.
- Assist the MFA Director with Midpoint and Final Reviews.
- Process and maintain files as appropriate
- Assist in answering phones; scheduling appointments; and distributing faxes.
- Coordinate with other departments as needed.
- Copying - (i.e. call for service, stock with paper, remove paper jams, instruct faculty and students, etc.)
- Process Maintenance requests as directed.
- Generate and submit completed purchase orders and reimbursement requests.
- Collect inter-office mail and distribute as needed
- Maintain high level of customer service.
- Assist students, faculty and staff.
- Work on special administrative projects as assigned.
- Schedule and manage the Director’s business and personal calendar.
- Utilize the open registration report for class time, location, and instructor queries
- Distribute key forms and flyers at the front desk.
- Attendance Roster Maintenance
- Answer general inquiries as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
For further information on the Academy: www.academyart.edu
- 2 yr. minimum previous administrative experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter who is well organized and can handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to be flexible with varying hours and duties based on business need
- Must have a high level of professionalism and quality phone skills.
- Strong organizational skills required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Established in 1929 by Sunset Magazine's creative director, Richard S. Stephens, Academy of Art University transforms aspiring students into...