Future US, Inc. is seeking a part-time Assistant Editor to work on TechRadar. The right person for this role will have strong writing skills, be organized, excellent attention to detail, and be able to work independently. Details of the position are listed below:
• Support the TechRadar editorial team in the creation and maintenance of high trafficking feature stories.
• Use TechRadar's content management system (CMS) to update and post new stories.
• Copy edit stories and upload them into TechRadar's CMS.
• Help the TechRadar editorial team procure and manage product review units.
• Write news stories and reviews when needed.
• Be available to attend industry shows locally.
• Assist Editorial team on various projects including:
• Specific Projects including photo and video shoots
• Contests/Promos – help to create/organize promotions, email winners, handle Legal/Accounting documentation that is needed, /mail & track mailing of prizes
• Extremely detail orientated
• Be able to handle confidential and sensitive material in a professional manner
• Can exhibit problem-solving skills by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner, gather and analyze information skillfully and maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Editorial experience
• BA degree preferred but not necessary
• Experience working in the media industry
*This is a part-time position working 20 hours a week
Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR). It has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events. It holds market-leading positions in Technology, Gaming, Entertainment, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors. Future attracts 50 million monthly global unique users to its websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com. Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that's 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands in the US include Mac|Life, Maximum PC, PC Gamer and Official Xbox Magazine. We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple's Newsstand for iPad. Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK's number one exporter and licensor of magazine content. Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.
What we offer:
• 401K Match
• Corporate Matching Program
• A casual, comfortable dress environment.
• A culture that encourages a passion for life both inside and outside of the office.
• Free shuttle service from BART and CalTrain to the office.
Future US - 18 months ago