Head Coach, Assistant Directors of Athletics, and Athletic Director
Salary for this position is $5,000.00 for the Fall 2014 Season
- Possesses and maintains a high moral character that is in congruence with the expectations of the Mission of Chestnut Hill College.
- Possesses a good knowledge of the sport assigned including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques and the ability to diagnose player deficiencies and prescribe corrective activities.
- Candidate should possess collegiate experience as an athlete and/or coaching experience in the college or high school setting. Field event experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Goalkeeping experience preferred.
- Possess a good ability to communicate with student athletes and parents.
Goal and Performance Responsibilities:
- Work with the Head Coach in selecting equipment, supplies and uniforms for the particular sport.
- Work with the Head Coach in scheduling independent games in conjunction with the assistant athletic director.
- Assume the responsibilities for the development of the specific team within the total program, under the direction of the head coach.
- Show respect for officials, opposing coaches, visiting teams, parents, fans, student athletes, fellow coaches, and faculty.
- In the absence of the Head Coach attend all meetings called by conference and Athletic Director.
- Recruit and contact prospective student athletes to the athletic program, working closely with the Admissions Department and the Athletic Department.
- Demonstrate an interest in the classroom efforts and off-season activities of athletes.
- Notify all members of the team of all policies, procedures, and training rules as they pertain to the team.
- Promote unity within the coaching staff and within the framework of the Athletic Department.
- Be responsible for the conduct of the student athletes and other involved students at all times: practices, games, bus rides, locker room, etc.
- Work to develop teamwork, morale, sportsmanship, courtesy, fair play, academic excellence, and strict adherence to rules of training and conduct.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities directly related to the coaching position as directed and/or needed.
- Maintain current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter via postal mail to:
Head Women's Soccer Coach
Chestnut Hill College
9601 Germantown Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19118
You can also send your resume and cover letter via e-mail to DicksonS@chc.edu .