The Audio Visual Technician will assist in delivery and production of special events and University activities across campus that support the University’s vision and mission. The candidate must be able to serve as an effective spokesperson for the Christian identity and mission of the University.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a full range of AV technical duties, including but not be limited to, setup and operation of sound equipment, theatrical equipment, lighting, videotaping, LCD projection systems, equipment maintenance, as well as assisting in stage and campus setups, minor AV installations, repairs work, maintenance tasks, and set up AV equipment for daily and special events.
- Provide general site services including the housekeeping of work areas.
- Carry out other AV related duties when required.
- Ensure a safe & healthy working environment, and compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Present a professional image to visitors, and ensure excellence in customer service.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- dentify, assess, and improve on internal processes.
- An undergraduate degree.
- A/V experience is required.
- Working knowledge of Theater, Audio/Visual hardware and terminology necessary to effectively perform duties as described.
- Up to 20 hours per week - Hours vary - ability to work evenings and weekends in addition to a standard work week hours – per schedule set by Morris Center Technical Manager.
- Must be able to walk about campus
- Lift equipment and materials up to 50 pounds
- Operate computer with Microsoft suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Houston Baptist University - 18 months ago