Clark College Bookstore is hiring for seasonal temporary part-time Bookstore Clerk 1 positions to be scheduled during peak periods. Hours vary and can possibly be up to 40 hours per week. (Maximum hours possible are 1050 hours/year). This is an on-going temporary position based on the needs of the Bookstore. All seasonal positions have the opportunity of becoming a continuing part-time position depending on bookstore openings and the employee’s schedule availability. The salary is $9.19/hour. The shift requires availability Monday – Friday, with occasional Saturdays.
- Assist customers with locating books and supplies/answering customer inquiries
- Answer multi-line phone
- Assist with quarterly inventory
- Assist with in-store promotions and sales events
- Prepare merchandise layout
- Stock merchandise
- Receive merchandise
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid driver’s license
- Exceptional customer service skills both in-person and on the phone
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Dependable and reliable
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with numbers
- Ability to multi-task in a busy environment
- Competent with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and the Internet
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. repeatedly
- Ability and willingness to stand/reach/stoop/bend for length of shift
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a diverse population
- Excellent written communication skills with accurate spelling and grammar, and legible handwriting
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 words per minute
- As a condition of employment, this position requires a background check be conducted on applicants prior to hiring.
Application Deadline: Thursday, July 24, 2013 at 3pm.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Clark College online application
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES:
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
July 19, 2013
The Clark College Bookstore focuses on excellent customer service. In addition to the specific qualifications, we are looking for employees...