Clark College is currently accepting applications for the part time on-call position of Bus Driver. This position operates buses and similar vehicles to pick up, transfer, and deliver passengers. They would transport and assist passengers, as required, in a 32 passenger bus. Hours of work vary as needed and may require overnight stays away from Clark College. Drivers will be needed beginning September 2013. The salary is $16.78/hour.
- Drive medium to large bus to haul passengers, supplies and/or equipment. (Bus Dimensions: Height - 10’3” including roof hatch; Length: 33’4” including rear step bumper; Width - 96”; Dry Weight - 13,944 lbs; and Axel Count - 2 (front & rear).
- Load and unload bus, as needed.
- Perform minor maintenance on vehicles, such as washing windows and mirrors; complete the pre-/post-trip inspections; and, add fluids to appropriate vehicle levels.
- Maintain records for bus trips, as well as the pre-/post-trip inspections of the bus used for those trips.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Two years of full-time experience operating any combination of vehicles with a Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR) of 26,001 or more pounds.
- A driving record free from serious traffic violations (at least 3 years bus driving experience is desired).
- Current Class A or B Washington State Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with air brake and passenger endorsements; and, a Medical Examiner’s Certificate as required by state and federal law. (It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure the appropriate licenses/certifications are obtained)
- Driver must have an acceptable driver’s record as determined by Risk Management before employment, and maintain such acceptable record during employment.
- Position requires the physical ability to perform heavy work (such as chaining up bus tires in inclement weather), as well as being seated for extended periods while driving.
- As a condition of employment, this position requires a background check be conducted on applicants prior to hiring, in addition to pre-employment drug testing and random drug/alcohol testing during employment.
COMPETENCIES & REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to complete comprehensive pre-/post-trip inspections of the vehicle for proper maintenance and safety including: checking fluid and fuel levels and replacing as needed; cleaning the inside, windows, lights, and mirrors of the bus; reporting the need for repairs on the inspection sheet; preparing reports and maintaining records to include mileage sheets and pre-/post-trip forms; and, securing and locking bus.
Drive a bus safely and efficiently and follow Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) standards; read and understand maps and written directions; interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with diverse populations in both oral and written forms; perform physical and manual tasks in loading and unloading wheelchair passengers and adaptive equipment; ability to check fluid levels and fuel bus; prepare reports; and, maintain records.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2013 at 3pm.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Clark College online application
- Resume including 3 professional references.
- Cover letter addressing qualifications related to the position
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES:
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
July 17, 2013
The Clark College Bookstore focuses on excellent customer service. In addition to the specific qualifications, we are looking for employees...