Responsible for teaching courses within the assigned discipline. Teaching assignments may include alternative delivery methods, day, evening, and weekend classes, and may be at multiple sites. Must be able to work collegially in a team environment. This is a temporary, non-benefits eligible position. Employment is determined on a course to course basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches courses as contracted. Maintains scheduled classes.
- Prepares and implements syllabi in accordance with course outcomes and competencies.
- Keeps and submits all essential instructional records according to the College calendar.
- Notifies department chairs in case of absence. Assists department chair in making arrangements for qualified substitute teachers.
- Follows all college policies and procedures as stated in the college procedures manuals and the faculty handbooks.
- Fosters community relationships.
- Attends college meetings as required.
- Participates in student assessment and relevant program assessment as directed by the department chair.
- Remains current in practices, trends and research related to areas of assignment.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to teach effectively. Knowledge of the subject area, computer and related technology. Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of students and staff. Ability to support and promote the mission, values, purposes, and strategic plan of the College. Ability to work in a culturally diverse and team environment. Ability to integrate subject area with other related curricula. Knowledge of the applicable state and federal laws, such as FERPA.
Bachelor's degree and/or occupational experience. Certain disciplines require specific certifications, licenses, or Master's degree. All disciplines require an ability to meet all Coconino Community College credentials requirements.
All Faculty applicants must complete a Supplemental Crendentials Application in addition to the online application. Please u
se the link at the top of the page and add as an attachment to your application.