Prairie State College seeks an experience part-time hourly instructor to teach a pathophysiology course in the evenings. Course instruction includes body systems and changes due to diseases, the cause of changes, treatment plans for diseas processes, and diagnostic procedures. Successful candidates will have a desire to engage a diverse student population.
Corporate and Continuing Professional Education.
1. Instruct students on the basic concepts of the disease process as related to the body systems.
2. Discuss the mechanisms of disease and how disease develops.
3. Explain causes (etiology) of the most common diseases.
4. Knowledge of basic diagnostic procedures for the diseases studied ( CPT -4 and ICD -9CM coding).
5. Plan for instructional activities including lecture and class discuassions.
6. Organiz concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable manner covering all objectives outlined in the course syllabus.
7. Use appropriate assessment tools to ensure learning.
8. Submit and maintain accurate records of grades and attendance.
9. Effectively communication with students to help them achieve their educational goals.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
1. Job experience of 5 years.
2. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
3. Experience using technology in the classroom.
1. AHIMA certified
3. Experience teaching especaially at the community college level.
4. Experience working with culturally and intellectually diverse group.
5. Ability to create diverse teaching methods.
Anticipated Work Hours and Days
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants