Headquartered in Santa Ana, Calif., Edison Mission Energy (EME) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates are engaged in the business of operating, owning or leasing, acquiring, developing, and selling energy and capacity from independent power production facilities. Some of the facilities are operated on a merchant basis, with energy and capacity being sold into the competitive marketplace, and others are operated under contracts calling for the delivery of energy to utilities and other purchasers. Operating revenues are derived primarily from the generation and sale of energy and capacity from coal-fired power plants and a portfolio of natural gas and wind projects, as well as energy trading.
This intern/part-time position will be providing appropriate support to the IT Santa Ana group.
As an Application Support Specialist Intern you will become an expert in supporting various Edison Mission Energy Applications products by supporting our user base and providing solutions for complex process and system integration issues. You will work independently and or may work with a team of high performing IT professionals in various application areas and/or cross-functional teams tackling issues or working on applications enhancements / projects.
You will receive a combination of practical experience and formal training in a work environment that fosters and rewards cooperation, teamwork, learning, and fun. This will allow you to gain
This position will require 20 hours a week on a part time basis for up to 6 months.
- Applications systems knowledge.
- Process system integration analysis skills.
- Applications life cycle management skills.
- Exposure to real-world applications (SAP, E-Room, Lotus, VMware)
- Opportunities to develop your communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Apply computing technology to automate, enhance, and support business processes.
- Work within a team to support systems, applications, security, provisioning, and network configurations.
- Support applications upgrades, patches, and new applications implementations.
- Provide technical support and guidance to users.
- Monitors systems configuration and performance to ensure overall system landscape operational integrity.
- Support applications process integration issues.
- Assist in Applications enhancement / project development cycle (blueprint, documentation, development, UAT, Post go live support)
Student pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experiences.
Highly motivated with keen attention to detail.
Strong analytical capability and organizational skills
Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks when required
Flexibility to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapid technology changes and complex customer demands
Strong teamwork and communication skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
This is primarily an office environment with moderate to medium noise levels. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, and to operate standard office equipment. The position occasionally bends, stoops, reaches, pushes and pulls drawers to retrieve file information and lifts and carries boxes and/or IT equipment that can weigh up to 10 pounds.