We are currently seeking a new Part-time Physical Therapist to join our work site health center team in Barberton, Ohio!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems includes Take Care Consumer Solutions (www.takecarehealth.com), managers of convenient care clinics located at select Walgreens drugstores nationwide, and Take Care Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com), managers of worksite-based health and wellness services. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our trusted community of providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare to all individuals. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies.
• Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy treatment for patients suffering from injuries, or muscle, nerve, joint and bone diseases, to restore function, relieve pain, and prevent disability by performing the following duties.
• Reviews Physician's referral (prescription) and patient's condition and medical records to determine physical therapy treatment required.
• Tests and measures patient's strength, motor development, sensory perception, functional capacity, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency, and records findings to develop or revise treatment programs.
• Plans and prepares written treatment program based on evaluation of patient data.
• Administers manual exercises to improve and maintain function.
• Instructs, motivates, and assists patient to perform various physical activities and in use of assistant and supportive devices such as crutches and canes.
• Administers treatments involving application of physical agents.
• Evaluates effects of treatment at various stages and adjusts treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
• Administers massage.
• Administers traction to relieve pain.
• Records treatment, response, and progress in patient's chart or enters information into computer.
• Instructs patient in treatment procedures to be continued at home.
• Confers with Physician and other practitioners to obtain additional patient information, suggest revisions in treatment program, and integrate physical therapy treatment with other aspects of patient's health care.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While working at this large employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
We offer competitive wages.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university is required; Master’s degree is preferred
• Licensed as a Physical Therapist in the state of Ohio required
• At least three years experience as a Physical Therapist in an occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic required
• Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software required
• Current certification in Basic Life Support is required
Premier Health & Fitness Resources - 2 years ago