1. Manages operational business functions of the planetarium: schedules staff, oversees gift shop merchandising and physical inventory, processes deposits, as well as, maintains cash register drawer, sales of tickets
2. Works with planetarium steering committee and with College Technical Director to establish show schedule and executes contracts for all group sales, school shows, and birthday parties.
3. Related projects and initiatives
$18.00 - $22.00/hrly.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Two years’ experience with computerized Point of Sale system, inventory and reports; and Microsoft Office Suite
3. Two years’ experience in retail business advertising, record keeping, forecasting, and budget management, buying/purchasing and e-commerce sales
4. Two years’ event planning experience
1. One year of experience working in a planetarium, museum and/or movie theater
2. One year of experience using planetarium systems and projector equipment
Open Until Filled
Anticipated Start Date:
July 1, 2014
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Hours of Work:
Part-time Administrators normally working 29 hours per week, with work schedules that vary. This position’s work schedule is usually Thursday through Monday, but may be adjusted at management’s discretion. Compensation and benefits are in accordance with pertinent Board of Trustees Policies and the Handbook for Non-Affiliated Administrators.
Days of Work:
If other, please specify: