Receptionist / Office Assistant
We are seeking a part-time Receptionist/Office Assistant for our corporate headquarters in Livonia, Michigan. The primary responsibilities would be to efficiently manage the daily operations of the front desk.
In this part-time position, core daily hours are from 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM (20 Hours per week). To ensure proper coverage at the front desk, this role requires flexibility and the willingness to come in early or stay late and fill in as needed. Hours can range from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Act as initial point of contact – via phone and/or face-to-face interaction for the company.
- Maintain a cheerful, dependable, professional and discreet presence at the Front Desk.
- Answer the multi-line phone system (Cisco Call Manager) and correctly field and direct all incoming phone calls. This would include blocking calls and shielding staff from solicitous attempts.
- Process the incoming and outgoing mail, UPS, FedEx packages and electronic faxes.
- Distribute expense checks.
- Ensure that office supplies are kept at sufficient levels and keeping within the Staples “Core Products” List.
- Assist and facilitate office events as needed.
- Order, set up and clean up refreshments for catered client or departmental meetings. Must be able to handle up to three events per day and include “last minute” requests.
- Maintenance of a neat and orderly kitchen. This would involve unpacking the dishwasher twice daily and wiping down the countertops daily.
- Order all kitchen supplies, coffee, and beverages and ensure a sufficient level is maintained.
- Ensure that all visitors to Market Strategies International sign in and are given a visitor badge.
- Act as point of contact for the emergencies and general maintenance requests.
- Will assist with the Copy Center and scanning requests; process shipping requests; assist with travel arrangements and order Metro Car transportation.
- Previous experience in a professional service or office environment.
- Some college preferred. Business-focused coursework desirable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software, particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experienced with general office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, postage meter, etc.
- Positive, friendly demeanor and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to use good judgment and comfortably communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must be a team player, able to learn on the fly, and shift gears quickly to meet customer requests.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be well-groomed.
- Must be able to satisfy the demands of all internal customers ensuring a quality end product.
- Must be able to successfully work on several projects at once.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Must be proactive in tackling tasks to ensure that they are completed in a timely manner.
- Must be able to bend and lift 30 lbs. when necessary (i.e. to receive deliveries).
EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/V/D
Market Strategies International, Inc. - 23 months ago