1. Responsible to the Director of Student Health Services for all services rendered to clients that represent Student Health Services.
2. Responsible to make independent nursing decisions based on standing orders, policies and procedures, and direction of medical providers.
3. Responsible to maintain confidentiality of all patients.
4. Responsible to care for ill or injured patients during Health Center hours for observation and treatment.
5. Responsible to assist medical providers during session hours.
6. Responsible for OSHA, CLIA, and other state and federal regulatory guidelines.
7. Responsible to coordinate activities in a self-directed, organized, and timely manner.
8. Responsible to continue learning information and seeking directions to ensure accuracy, including regular nurse meeting attendance.
Triage and treatment of clients in the clinic including emergency care.
Provide care for extended stay patients.
Refer patients to medical provider when appropriate.
Provide education to clients for preventable health care.
Provide information and instructions for clients for treatment, medications and procedures.
Administer immunizations and allergy injections.
Perform phlebotomy and intravenous therapy.
Perform Nebulizer treatments.
Perform 12 lead EKG and other procedures as directed by standing orders of medical providers.
Assist with entrance, sports or work physicals.
Perform health assessment and provide primary care to clients.
Corresponds and collaborate with all departments with the College and with the community to insure holistic care for students i.e. counseling services, residence life, safety and security, and appropriate referrals to individuals to agencies outside the college campus
Complete multiple types of CLIA waived tests: rapid strep, rapid mono, Flu A/B, urinalysis, hemocue, pregnancy test, with accuracy.
Able to function with proficiency with the following computer programs: Purkinje, Quest/360, NueSoft, and Travax
Assist with on campus health promotion programs, i.e. Flu Clinics, Benefit Fair, and Health Fair.
Triage phone calls from clients and direct clients for care as needed.
Able to assist with on call hours.
Restock exam rooms as needed.
Clean counters of medical offices, exam room, and other medical space.
Provide follow-up notices to students via phone or mail.
Maintain quality control logs, chart reviews, and other quality assurance reviews.
Maintain current documentation of problems and observation on medical records.
May be selected to assist in one of the following duties: travel immunizations/consultations, quality assurance, medication inventory, vaccine ordering, Quest lab supply ordering, medical supply ordering.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Current RN license in the State of Illinois.
Possess good physical assessment skills.
Knowledge and experience in outpatient health care.
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Wheaton College - 11 months ago
Wheaton College is an explicitly Christian, academically rigorous, fully residential liberal arts college and graduate school located in...