A highly motivated doctoral student is needed to join a professional
development team supporting teachers in an innovative high school
science and mathematics education program.
The position requires mentoring teachers and developing curriculum
for high school biological science classes. Applicant should be a
PhD candidate in curriculum and instruction in science, or a similar
discipline, with research experience relating to science teaching or
learning, teacher mentoring, or collaborative learning preferred.
The applicant must have taught secondary biological science for a
minimum of 3 years.
- Design and implement professional development sessions
- Conduct weekly mentoring sessions with teachers including
- Create collaborate learning curriculum and lesson plans for
Salary: $25 per hour, 15 hours per week
- Experience in teacher and curriculum development
- Knowledge of national and NY state high school standards and
expectations in math
- Ability to lead group presentations and mentor individuals
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team on multiple