Ambulatory Surgery Center in Libertyville/Vernon Hills area is seeking a part-time surgical tech. While not immediate, there is the potential for the position to become full-time in the future.
We believe our team members are our greatest resource and we know the importance of finding the right fit for our team. Candidates must posses an outgoing, positive personality, be able to manage multiple priorities, be willing to pitch in and do whatever, whenever needed, and enjoy responsibility.
If you are a talented self-starter wanting to make a significant impact on the success of our business and meet the following requirements; we would like to hear from you.
BASIC JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Prepares for surgical procedures - Identify and readies supplies and equipment needed for procedure, readies room, opens and inspect supplies, scrub and maintain a sterile field
- Performs Intra-operative Duties from prepping the staff and patient , assist with specific procedures- to closing counts and readying patient for PACU.
- Performs room turnovers - using sterile techniques cleans, disinfects and restocks the OR for the next surgery.
May perform other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited program, Surgical Technologist Certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of medical terminology
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of State and Federal Regulations (OSHA)
- CPR Certification