Under direct supervision of the Assistant Bank Manager this position provides exceptional customer service, processes routine bank transactions and maintains accurate records of all transactions. This position is also responsible for being crossed trained in Customer Service duties .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes customer transactions according to customer requests to ensure proper crediting or debiting of customer accounts, including all transactions received through mail, night drop or drop off’s. Transactions include cashing checks with assigned limits, processing savings and checking deposits and withdrawals, verifying signatures, processing loose coin transactions and accepting loan, credit card, utility and other payments.
- Promotes bank products and services by recognizing and understanding customer needs and by gathering information about the customer’s businesses and activities.
- Promotes bank products and services by recognizing and understanding customer needs and by cross-selling appropriate services to meet established bank goals.
- Issues cashier and traveler checks.
- Reconciles total deposits to ensure check is equal to deposit ticket and funds are available.
- Processes cash advances.
- Maintains proper currency/coin level in drawer, keeps cash secure and organized, and maintains a high level of safety for the Bank.
- Identifies potential problems such as counterfeit currency, check forgeries, check kiting and robberies and seeks assistance and direction from Assistant Bank Manager and/or Senior Teller.
- Thoroughly reviews all transactions and prepares related paperwork for the proof/processing department.
- Provides extraordinary customer service by conducting business in a professional, friendly manner and by building long-term customer relationships.
- Balances cash drawer by verifying that all currency/coin taken in and given out is equal to the amounts entered on the teller terminal.
- Answers customer calls in a timely manner and, if necessary, directs calls to appropriate individual for specialized services.
- Understands and adheres to all Anchor Bank standard operating policies and procedures and Federal and State banking regulations.
- Attends all required compliance, training and staff/bank meetings.
- Actively participates in the Teller Incentive Program.
Education and Experience
- Previous cash handling and/or customer service experience is strongly desired.
- Previous teller, cashier or customer service experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills over the phone and in person.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, vendors, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission and percentages.
- Ability to make good decisions in a timely and confident manner and to seek assistance when necessary.
- Excellent people and organizational skills.
- Promotes and maintains a high standard of quality at work.
- Reliable and behaves in an ethical and honest manner when dealing with co-workers, managers and customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all bank records and customer transactions.
Anchor Bancorp, Inc. - 21 months ago