DataScan Field Services (DFS), a J.M. Family Company , has an immediate opening for a Part-Time Vehicle Inspector. This is an Independent Contractor position (1099) and is responsible for the physical inspection of vehicles on behalf of our national clients.
- This is a field position where the ideal candidate works independently and will drive their own vehicle from site to site daily with the ability to be flexible with work schedules.
- Inspections are completed in all weather conditions.
- Actual number of inspections available varies based on geographic area and client inspection volume.
- Inspections are conducted at various locations, including amongst others, dealerships, lessee’s home or places of business
- Determine excessive wear and tear on a vehicle, based on our client guidelines
- Determine previous damage on a vehicle
- Report any damage to the interior of the vehicle
- Inspect for all dents, gouges, scratches on the exterior of the vehicle
- Measure paint depth and tire tread
- Enter inspection data into a hand held computer
- Upload inspection data from the hand held computer and digital photo’s of the damage to our servers
- Dynamic Car enthusiast with Field Experience
- Detail oriented
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Prior Automotive Experience
- Prior Inspection Experience
- Basic Computer Skills
- ASE and I-Car certifications (preferred)
- Vast Knowledge of Engine Performance Diagnostics, Troubleshooting Skills, Understanding of Major Automotive Systems Components and their Functionality
Due to the low volume of inspections, this would be ideal for the candidate looking for part-time work.
- A reliable vehicle with a valid driver’s license
- A cell phone
- A digital camera with an SD card
- A home computer, MS Windows compatible with internet access
- Our Field Technology Package are all you need to get started performing vehicle inspections in your area.