Are you looking for a Part-Time job that gives you the flexibility to take care of errands, school, and other responsibilities? True Value has flexible schedules so you can take care of business while still working Part-Time.
In this position you will perform a variety of distribution activities to receive, sort, store, distribute and manage the flow of product in a warehouse environment.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
Unloads merchandise from trailers, lifting cartons and product, checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices
Stacks and loads cartons and other containers for outbound shipment; stocks shelves with goods received;
Maintains and verifies records of goods received or shipped to facilitate the flow of merchandise through the distribution center
Select and pick product for shipment from computerized store order requests, matching inventory to order numbers
May operate power equipment to move merchandise; utilizes small hand tools, pallet handlers and hand trucks;
Prepares merchandise for shipping using shrink wrap machine or other devices
- Prior experience working in a distribution center is a plus.
- Must have ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must have the ability and be willing to learn to operate material handling equipment in an efficient and safe manner.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug screen and reading and math skills tests
- Able to work all overtime hours.
- Must be able to stand and walk 8 or more hours per day, walk 5 to 10 miles a day, bend, reach, twist and lift.
- Continually lift, handle rotate and carry from one to sixty pounds.
True Value Company is one of the world's largest retailer-owned hardware cooperatives. With about 4,500 independent retailers and an...