CAN YOU MANEUVER TRAILERS AND STRAIGHT TRUCKS? NEED A CHANGE? WANT A HOME LIFE? CrossCountry Freight Solutions may be your answer. Originally founded in 1980, CrossCountry provides all types of freight solutions for customers in the Upper Midwest. Our corporate office is located in Bismarck, ND and we have terminals spread throughout, ND, SD and MN.
CrossCountry has an immediate job opening for a Part-time Yard Driver in our Eagan terminal.
Shift: Monday - Friday, (5:00pm - 9:00pm)
- Duties include setting up dock, pulling trailers onto and off the dock as trailers empty and load.
- Hook and unhook trailers in the yard.
- Drive a straight truck or tractor-trailer combination in a safe and legal manner.
- Hook and unhook various commercial combinations, to manually lower and raise landing gear, operates fifth wheel release levers, lock and release pin-hooks, attach and release safety chains, open and close cargo doors, climb into and out of vehicles, and fuels and check oil/coolant levels of vehicles.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Maintain driving records required to comply with State and Federal regulations.
If you are a dependable, highly energetic, goal-orientated person who likes working in a fast paced environment, Come Join Our Team! We offer a rewarding work environment, competitive wages.
Apply Online: www.shipcc.com and complete our driver assessment.
OUR APPLICATION AND ASSESSMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED WHEN APPLYING.
* Must have a valid Class A CDL
* Must obtain or maintain a hazmat endorsement
* Must be safety-minded
* Have the ability to multitask and make quick decisions as needed
* Previous experience operating a yard tractor
* Must be able to work well with others.
* Must be able to work well under pressure.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
* Must have good customer service skills.
* Must be able to open and close cargo doors and to climb into and out of vehicles.
MinnesotaJobs.com - 9 months ago