Posting Title |
Partner Business Manager - LA
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers.
The channel sales team is aligned to the sales organization and is responsible for managing and growing our partner ecosystem. The channel team shares responsibility in driving revenue goals within the territory. VMware has many types of partners: OEMs, VARs, Distributors, National Resellers, and Technology Partners etc. The channel team works with the assigned partners to enable the partner by facilitating and providing training, developing joint go to market strategies and creating marketing plans and events.
The Partner Business Manager (PBM) will act as a sales liaison between value added partners and VMware. The PBM will be responsible for driving sales revenue though our partner community. The PBM will also be responsible for qualifying, recruiting and enabling new partners, as well as managing the current partner base. The desired candidate will have the proven ability to sell complex software solutions to both technical and executive audiences and must understand how to work with OEM partners, VAR channels and with distribution. Strong business ethics and great communication skills are a must.
Partner Business Manager
VMware is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in sales, business development, and marketing to manage sales through partners. This quota-carrying position will be responsible for achieving the revenue targets and for structuring and launching new deals. A sales drive, passion for technology and understanding of product launch fundamentals is essential. Ability to influence and develop mutually beneficial relationships within and across the organization is also vital.
Manage the sales and marketing aspects of the Partner relationship including:
- Revenue: Responsible for driving VMware License and Service revenue with VPN, OEM, SI/SO and Alliance partners as reseller and influencer of VMware Virtual Infrastructure and associated services
- Enablement: Market current programs and contracts that provide partners ability to resell VMware products, and adopt VMware Virtual Infrastructure IP
- Solution Offering: Work with current and target Partners to understand current offerings and amend to include VMware Virtual Infrastructure as part of core offerings or dedicated practice
- Mapping: Responsible for working with partners on account mapping, go to market strategy, and facilitating partnering efforts of VMware Field Sales
- Develop and implement marketing plans and events with select partners
- 5-8+ years experience in product marketing, technical sales, sales engineering, business development or alliance management roles in enterprise IT technology vendors
- Must have strong relationships with Top-Tier VAR's
- Strong demonstrated expertise in creating, executing on, and driving solutions selling and product marketing for application and infrastructure software, especially in the context of major partnerships
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and take action on go to market approaches, marketing programs, joint value propositions, and business cases around strategic partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to with OEMs, Systems Integrators, Strategic Outsourcers, Hosting Providers and Corporate Resellers with a strong understanding of these different business models
- Cross-functional influence, relationship building, and project management skills toward a broad constituency ranging from customers, channel partners, sales, marketing, and technical management
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Great team player. Strong drive. Willing to take leadership role in driving initiatives, working across organizations, and structuring approaches to new opportunities
- Familiarity with a broad range of application and infrastructure software is desirable
- Technical undergraduate degree a plus, MBA a plus
Los Angeles, CA, US
VMware - 8 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...