The UN Foundation (UNF) was created in 1998 with entrepreneur and philanthropist Ted Turner's historic $1 billion gift to support UN causes and activities. UNF is an advocate for the UN and a platform for connecting people, ideas, and capital to help the United Nations solve global problems including decreasing child mortality, improving disaster relief, protecting diverse cultures and environments, creating a clean energy future, empowering women and girls, and improving U.S.-UN relations. UNF is a public charity that engages in advocacy, grant making, and building partnerships.
Shot@Life is an initiative of the United Nations Foundation that promotes the message that vaccines are the most cost-effective intervention for saving and improving the lives of children in the developing world and will highlight the important leadership of the UN in vaccines. There are three distinct, but interrelated, components: an intensive effort to raise awareness and mobilize resources from Americans in support of childhood immunizations in the developing world; an intensive advocacy effort aimed at Washington policymakers, and partnerships with other US-based membership organizations to reach a large number of Americans with our message.
The Partnership Officer is a full time position responsible for managing relationships with the campaign’s organizational partners. The Partnership Officer will manage partnerships, oversee the planning and execution of major mobilization and fundraising campaigns among the membership-based partners, and work on a pipeline to bring in new partners.
The Shot@Life Campaign Partnership Officer is a member of the Shot@Life and the UNF teams. S/he reports to the Deputy Director, Shot@Life.
- Oversee and monitor the planning and execution of partner-based mass mobilization and fundraising campaigns, often using creative marketing and toolkits to customize programs for different groups specifically managing relationships with membership-based civil society partners, including day-to-day coordination and communication;
- Plan meetings, including developing agendas, arranging logistics (travel, meeting space, food, AV), and developing and distributing materials including for an annual partner summit;
- Work closely with partners to measure impact and metrics including active volunteers who could become part of Shot@Life’s trained network of champions. Also work to ensure grantees are meeting scope of work objectives and reporting regular course corrections.
- Ability to measure ROI on partner sub-grants where applicable.
- Compile progress reports from the partners as needed to present internally, as well as develop monthly newsletters for external partners and funders;
- Work closely with the Deputy Director of Shot@Life to identify other prospective organizational partners including but not limited to sports partnerships, association and youth group partnerships.
- When Director or Deputy Director are unable, represent the UN Foundation at high-level meetings with partners;
- Collaborate with the Foundation-wide departments, including Global Partnerships, Finance, Development, and Public Affairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required; Master’s degree in marketing/communications or related field highly preferred.
- Personal commitment to the UN Foundation’s mission and the goals and objectives of the Shot@Life Campaign.
- At least five years of experience in developing and managing partnerships, preferably with faith-based and/or large membership-based civil society organizations.
- At least five years of experience brokering and managing partnerships.
- Strong writing skills, particularly in developing progress reports and updates for both internal and external audiences.
- At least five years of experience with marketing campaigns.
- Experience and willingness to travel extensively.
- Ability to synthesize information and communicate it to different audiences with different levels of content.
- Ability to develop, maintain and enjoy effective working relationships with people from a variety of organizations and with a wide variety of functional expertise.
- Team player that is interested in being part of a highly functioning, fast-paced group of professionals.
- Self-starter with both energy and creativity.
- Negotiation skills and mediation skills.
- Multi-cultural experience.
- Openness and flexibility.
- Ability to meet attendance and tardiness policy.
- Ability to handle stress and work under pressure.
Benefits & Compensation:
Salary commensurate with experience. Actual salary will depend on qualifications and anticipated contribution to the Foundation.
UNF pays 100% of medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance premiums for its employees and 75% of medical and vision for employees' dependents.
In addition, UNF provides 20 days of paid vacation per year, 12 paid holidays, three personal days per year, an immediately vested 150% matching 403(b) contribution up to a limit of six-percent of employee pay, Metro Pass benefits, and flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care.
Though its primary goal is to promote humanitarianism, the United Nations (UN) is much more than a peace and love cultural movement....