The Parts/Materials Specialist will be responsible for routine ordering, receiving, and tracking of equipment parts and inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and verifies Parts Requisitions from US Districts
- Ensures that parts/materials ordered are appropriate for needs
- Ensures requisitions are signed off and appropriate approvals are received
- Reviews/searches current inventory or storage facility records of Districts to determine if parts requested are available and in sufficient quantity.
- Dispatches parts to sister Districts as needed; may expedite/”hot shot” orders, within scope of authority, as required.
- Assists in loading and unloading trucks/reefers as necessary.
- Places routine orders for parts through contracted suppliers and ensures materials/supplies are shipped and delivered on promised date.
- Records and tracks ordered parts.
- Responsible for tracking inventory levels and reporting data to Buyer.
- Receives delivered parts/materials and verifies that the correct order is received.
- Checks for damaged goods and coordinates return of unsuitable orders.
- Shelves, stocks, and labels parts/materials.
- Maintains a clean and well organized storage facility.
- May be required to travel up to once a month to sister Districts.
- All other duties assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this job the employee will spend a majority of the time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions, such as an office or storage facility. The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; reach with hands and arms, manage and lift up to 100 pounds, and maneuver mechanical equipment in a confined space. The vision requirements include: close vision, far vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
Please contact a recruiter at 1-800-972-6535 or email resume to email@example.com
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years applicable work experience
- Must be able to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Must be able to manage 100 lbs and lift 50 lbs
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and active listening skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail, ability to multitask, and strong organizational skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
To apply for this position, e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org