Responsible for the ordering of all items related to the service shop and field service organization. The parts agent shall be able to receive requests for parts through the current accounting system or through a manual request, determine the most efficient and cost effective means of sourcing the item, appropriate the product and provide all necessary information for the service call, accounts payable, parts receiving agents and company management.
- Receive requests for product either through the current accounting system or via manual request (verbal, written, email, voicemail, etc.) from service personnel, or from internal / external customers wanting to purchase parts.
- Check for availability of product in current inventory at all locations.
- If unavailable, determine the best source to purchase product based on requirements of service call, availability of product, shipping and purchase costs.
- Create purchase order in accounting system include all information related to order not limited to estimated time of arrival, tracking information, vendor/manufacturer order #, price, location to ship product to, any special circumstances.
- Order product from vendor.
- Ensure all information related to the order is accurate for the proper and efficient receiving of the product.
- Ensure all information related to the order is accurate for accounts payable to pay invoices in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all information related to the order is updated on the service call.
- Perform regular stocking level analysis of high volume item usage to ensure proper quantities both in the main department and for technician car stocks.
- Perform regularly scheduled re-stocking level orders.
- Perform physical inventory counts to ensure proper inventory accuracy.
- Communicate any information to service personnel, management or customers related to unforeseen problems with orders that may delay the original expected arrival of the product.
Electronic Systems, Inc. is a premier supplier and service provider of comprehensive office technology. We are committed to providing remarkable innovative solutions to our customers and for our employees, extensive training and development. We are passionate about building a team of highly qualified, customer focused individuals who contribute enthusiastically to our corporate culture and our company's success. With the competitive salary and benefits offered at ESI you build more than a career, you can build a future.
- High School Diploma or GED required; 2-year College Degree or better preferred.
- At least 2 years inventory / purchasing experience in a service industry.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Check us out at www.esi.net
ESI is an Equal Opportunity/AA Employer M/F/D/V, and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Electronic Systems, Inc. - 12 months ago
Check us out on you tube, http://youtu.be/hZFpXSv_FmU
Since 1980, Electronic Systems has grown into the region’s largest provider...