Banner & Witcoff, Ltd., a national law firm dedicated to the practice of intellectual property law is seeking an entry level full-time Patent Prosecution/Formalities Specialist. The candidate must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment, resolve complicated issues, and be able to manage multiple tasks on a daily basis, including meeting strict deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare and file US patent utility and design applications, declarations, powers of attorney forms, assignment documents, information disclosure statements, priority documents, etc., with the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
• Prepare and forward client reporting letters.
• Review documents received from the USPTO for accuracy; report the same.
• Review files, complete appropriate checklists, and prepare and file status inquires.
• Prepare and distribute morning delivery of files for attorney review and signature.
Skills and Requirements:
Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational, written and oral communication skills, and be a team player. The ideal candidate must have solid proofing skills. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. A Bachelor’s degree is required. A paralegal certificate is preferred but not required.
The Firm offers a competitive compensation based on experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package, a 35-hour work week (overtime as necessary), business casual attire, and a friendly office environment. This is a full time position.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com for consideration.
Banner & Witcoff, Ltd. - 9 months ago