Org Marketing Statement
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Each position at Pfizer touches and contributes to the success of our business and our world. That’s why, as one of the global leaders in the biopharmaceutical industry, Pfizer is committed to seeking out inspired new talent who share our core values and mission of making the world a healthier place.
The individual will be able to perform a number of tasks within the necropsy and histology laboratories. With minimal supervision, the Pathology Technician will be able to participate in some of the following functions; set-up through euthanasia, necropsy (including data entry), tissue trimming, processing, sectioning, staining, and assuring technical quality of the specimens and studies. As appropriate, specialization in the necropsy or histology function may be available. The individual may be asked to QC study specimens and records and trouble shoot equipment and processes
- Perform all regulatory responsibilities in compliance with applicable local and/or global regulatory standards (e.g. MHRA or FDA GLP regulations).
- Perform necropsies, process tissues, and prepare histologic slides
- Organize assigned studies and participate in all stages from set-up through euthanasia, blood or other fluid collection, necropsy, tissue trimming, processing, slide cutting, staining, and assuring technical quality of the specimens and studies
- Prepares solutions for processing and performing special stains
- Responsible for the operation and preventative maintenance of the equipment used in the histology laboratory
- Maintains records of maintenance/repair/annual checks of each individual piece of equipment
- Maintains adequate supplies and reagents for histology lab.
- Prepare the preliminary gross pathology and organ weight data analysis for the pathologists
- Organization, set-up, and conduct of histology activities of the studies
- QC of study specimens and records (e.g., routine re-cuts, re-staining, etc.)
- Trouble-shooting equipment and processes (making adjustments to ensure quality specimens)
Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent
Desirable: Certification by the ASCP as a histotechnician (HT) or histotechnologist (HTL), AS or BS degree
- Relevant pathology laboratory or comparative medicine experience.
- Willingness to participate in animal safety studies in a GLP environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and meet study timelines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of biology.
o 2 – 5 years of laboratory or comparative medicine experience
- Previous experience in a GLP-regulated laboratory.
- Previous experience in study conduct.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PDS or similar computer programs.
- Certification by the ASCP as a histotechnologist (HT) or (HTL) is preferred
- Relevant laboratory experience and knowledge of biology that could be demonstrated through:
o Experience within the Pharmaceutical Industry within Toxicologic Pathology in a chronic tox study setting with accountability for necropsy and histology functions
o Training in histotechnology and/or other laboratory techniques is desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Pfizer in the U.S. In certain circumstances it may be advantageous to Pfizer to support the application(s) for temporary visa classification and/or sponsor applications for permanent residence so that a foreign national colleague can accept or remain in a work assignment in the U. S. For certain classes of temporary visas, the resulting work authorization may be specific to Pfizer and the specific job and/or work site. Pfizer may at its business discretion decide to or refrain from obtaining, maintaining and/or extending the temporary visa status and/or sponsoring a colleague for permanent residency and /or employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified U.S. workers and the colleague's long-term prospects for securing lawful permanent residence, among other reasons. Employment applicants requiring immigration sponsorship must disclose, when initial application for employment is made, whether or not they are legally authorized to work for Pfizer in the U.S. and, if so, whether that authorization permits them to work in the job they seek. In no case should Pfizer's support of a colleague's temporary visa application or sponsorship of a colleague for permanent residence be construed to guarantee success of that application or amend or otherwise invalidate the "at-will" employment relationship between the colleague and Pfizer.
Pfizer Inc - 2 years ago
Pfizer pfabricates pfarmaceuticals pfor quite a pfew inpfirmities. The company is the world's largest research-based pharmaceuticals...