This position is located in Serra Mesa.
Working within the hours of 8:00 am -5:00 pm (Monday thru Friday) no call, no weekends, and no minimum guaranteed hours.
- BSN required, MSN preferred
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse license required
- Will consider a Social Worker with an MSW, license optional
- 3-5 years clinical practice required
- Ability to deal with multiple demands simultaneously required
- Strong clinical skills and Electronic Medical Record skills preferred
- Good documentation skills required
- Must be able to adhere to regulatory deadlines for response to patients and families
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office preferred
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment required
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data and problem solve successfully
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy and present a professional image
- Experience in analytical problem solving; high degree of resourcefulness; able to work without close supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively within a collegial department and multidisciplinary setting
- Excellent interviewing and assessment skills
- Clinical practice experience and knowledge sufficient to determine issues based on interview and chart evaluation
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Effective interpersonal skills: oral, written and presentation skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
The Patient Relations Department is committed to patient advocacy and quality of care. As a supporter of Patients’ Bill of Rights and Responsibilities, it assists in the customers' understanding of Policies and Procedures as well as Sharp Healthcare’s Mission, Values, and Philosophy. The roles and responsibilities of the Patient Relations Specialist include conducting patient rounds as needed; maintaining complete documentation on all reported patient/family concerns; Collecting data and compiling reports used in communicating issues to departmental managers; Promoting departmental goal of minimizing risks to patients, visitors, and employees; Assisting Risk Management and Patient Relations Coordinator in the research, investigation and resolution of concerns; Managing departmental data in a confidential manner; assisting in daily office functions according to standard business practices. Serves as a liaison between patients, visitors, volunteers and physicians with the objective of enhancing the understanding of hospital policies and services. Resolves patient/visitor complaints and responds to patient/visitor inquiries. Proactively participates with departments to improve patient satisfaction. Proactively obtains resolution of concerns brought to patient relations department. Uses clinical knowledge to assess quality of care and minimizes risks by providing trends, analysis and performance improvement of potential risk and quality of care issues.
This position is for the Patient Relations department. The Patient Relations Department is committed to patient advocacy and quality of care. As a supporter of the Patients’ Bill of Rights and Responsibilities, the department assists in the customers’ understanding of Policies and Procedures, as well as Sharp HealthCare’s Mission, Values and Philosophy.
Sharp Memorial Hospital — the first hospital in San Diego with all private patient rooms — is dedicated to providing the highest-quality, patient-centered care and consists of 368 beds . Designed to promote comfort and healing with the use of natural light and soothing colors, the hospital offers the latest medical technology and is home to San Diego’s largest, most modern Emergency and Trauma Center.
Sharp Memorial is known for outstanding programs in cardiac and vascular care, cancer treatment, orthopedic and neurological services, rehabilitation, robotic surgery and multiorgan transplantation, and has been recognized as a MAGNET®-designated hospital for nursing excellence and is also designated as a Patient-Centered Hospital by Planetree, an organization committed to personalizing, humanizing, and demystifying the hospital experience for patients and their families.
Essential Physical Requirements May Include
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Push/Pull up to 10pounds
- Carry up to 10 pounds
Additional physical requirements of position may be discussed during interview.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment back ground checks before starting work.
Sharp Healthcare - 19 months ago
The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit hospital...