Patient Access Registrar is responsible for timely and accurate patient registration. Interviews patients for all pertinent account information and verifies insurance coverage; Ensure charts are completed and accurate; Verify all insurance and obtain precertification/authorization; Calculate and collect patient liable amounts; Ensure that all necessary signatures are obtained for treatments; Answer any questions and explains policies clearly; Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards; Interview incoming patients, his/her relatives, or other responsible individuals to obtain identifying and biographical information with insurance and financial information.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Prefer one year of registration experience in a medical setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance billing helpful
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Must have good computer skills
- Must be accurate and detail oriented
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires sitting for long periods and able to exert up to 50 lbs force occasionally and up to 20 lbs frequently and up to 10 lbs constantly
HCA Inc - 20 months ago
For more than 45 years Alaska Regional has been fulfilling the medical needs of Alaskans, continually improving the scope of services and...